VanderfordFamily.com



Vanderford

Family

Web

Site

Book Cover
 

John Austin Vanderford (4146)

Father: Austin Comer Vanderford (3008)
Mother: Dorothy Heltzell


b. Sept. 28, 1853 in Indiana [CharlieV]

d. Oct. 8, 1928 in Elgin, Illinois, buried in Conrad Cemetery, Grundy County, Iowa. [IAobits]

m. June 28, 1874 in Noble County, Indiana, Samantha Wilmina "Mattie" Bruner, b. Oct. 30, 1852 in Albion, Indiana, daughter of Jacob J. Bruner and Catherine Luce [CharlieV], d. July 28, 1905, buried in Conrad Cemetery, Grundy County, Iowa [ancestry-IAcem]

Issue: [CharlieV]

Lucy, b. 1875 in Indiana, d. 1895, buried in Conrad Cemetery, Grundy County, Iowa. [ancestry-IAcem]

Clara, b. Aug. 23, 1877 in Indiana, d. Dec. 2, 1931 in Iowa

m. Sept. 15, 1896 in Marshalltown, Marshall County, Iowa, Hardin Conrad [CharlieV]
issue: [census-IA]
Eloise, b. 1899 in IA
Sydney, b. 1903 in IA
info: 1910 - They were farming in Clay Township, Grundy County, Iowa [census-IA]

Lillian, b. Aug. 1880 in Indiana

m. Gene Schryver
issue: [CharlieV]
Alta, b. 1905 in Iowa
  m. John Wallace
  issue:[CharlieV]
  Doris Marie
    m. Herbert Miller
  Velma Jean
    m. Max Rinehart, d. 2000 in Iowa

Mary E.

m. Fred Prescott
issue: [CharlieV]
Ruth
Art
  m. Vivian
Lola, b. Sept 1, 1900 in Iowa, d. 1987 in Iowa
  m ---Mendenhall

William Austin, (5168) b. April 13, 1884, Aug. 25, 1965

Information:

1880:
John was a blacksmith in Cherubusco, Whitley County, Indiana. [census-IN]

1884-1885:
John was a blacksmith in Green Mountain (population 50), a village on the W. I. &N. Railway in Mrion Township, Marshall County, Iowa [ancestry-IAgaz]

1900:
John was a blacksmith. He, his wife and son Austin were living in Conrad Town, Grundy County, Iowa. [census-IA]

Oct. 6, 1928:
John was visiting his son William who lived at 513 Hendee Street, Elgin, IL. Around 2PM, he was walking along the double tracks of the Milwaukee Railroad. He was very hard of hearing and when the westbound train came up behind him he was on the wrong track and was killed. [CharlieV]

1928:
Iowa newspaper obituary - " Mr. Vanderford owned and operated a blacksmith shop on the sight now occupied by the Alexander Fuenral Parlor. This was swept out during the fire that destroyed the town. He later built the building now occupied by Mrs. O. H. Thorsrud. He retired from the blacksmith business a few years ago." [CharlieV]


This document maintained by sherry@vanderfordfamily.com.
Material Copyright © 1998 {CDAccess.com, Inc.}